Haiti: Humanitarian and Cholera Situation Report # 7 (17 January 2023)
18 janvye 2023
● A gang truce in Martissant allowed for the reopening of National Road 2 leading to the south, although gangs still demand a fee to pass.
● Cholera continues to spread, particularly in the provinces, with a 57 percent increase in the number of suspected cases recorded in a single month.
● Humanitarian partners are supporting the operation of 94 cholera treatment centres across the country and the implementation of WASH activities to prevent the spread of the disease.
● A vaccination campaign was carried out in priority areas of the West and Centre departments following the delivery of 1.2 million doses of oral vaccine.
● Of the 155,000 displaced people in the Port-au-Prince metropolitan area, 75 percent are living in host communities.
● Despite the reopening of 90 percent of schools in January 2023, the number of students who have actually returned to school needs to be assessed.